krackin
letterpress

6.27.2008



(click them for a full view!)


So here are some of the posters I have been working on for the screen print shop. Not posted for a while but since moving to the University in Stirling I have not been able to get internet access and therefore have little time to get things up online. probably mostly due to the fact that I feel bad working on the school bits if I am in the studio with the other designers.

Anyway, well into the living in the UK thing. not so much confused with the money ('cept the coins... I forget to use the 1 and 2 pound coins.) I get around fine on public transportation now, and am starting to explore Glasgow and Edinburgh more!

As with all new things the Screen-printing process was a pain in the ass to figure out the exact emulsion times, the ink consistencies, the tendencies of the bench and registration, but after about a weeks worth of constant work I think Douglas and I ironed out said details and got results that we were both happy with and the end product was sell-able. Douglas is letting me tag along in the meeting he is setting up with DF concerts, in order to work out a promotion deal for the posters in exchange for a cut of the profits, and he is actually allowing me to participate in the costing, and other bits involved in the business side of things as well.

Steven and I are starting to figure out ways to promote the illustration itself and coming up with stores of posters to be printed for the future. I am also working on gathering a bunch of Scottish equivalent to "Americana" images to have on file for future printings as well as finding vintage clip-art, textures, illustrations, old comics, and photos of people doing odd things and creating a bit of a type library for reference. The nice thing is Baseline is giving me free reign to use anything I come up with in my portfolio and not being stingy about the resources they have available as well.

So I am going off to Glasgow this weekend hopefully and going off to see the art gallery of Scotland, and various venues for music. I saw King Tuts Venue and felt it deserved its tag line. "UK's coolest small venue!" They have a bunch of American screen printed posters hanging on the wall, and the Cool Kids are playing there next month which I am defiantly going to go see.

T in the park is coming up soon, which means I will be camping... and seeing the bands. and stuff. we will see how that one goes. hopefully I will be updating a bit more regularly since I am getting to work earlier now. ya-hoo

No comments: