krackin
letterpress

8.08.2008

Birthday in Plaid wrapping paper

So it is my birthday today. a GREAT one so far! Last night my new Glasgow-native roommates/friends took me out and about in Glasgow. We were to see the Reverand Horton Heat at a venue downtown but tickets were about the equivilent of 45 dollars when only advertised at about 16 so we decided against it and instead did a brilliant small pub crawl to some places they love and I hadn't been to before. During the day my roommate "Wee Laura" bought me some AWEOMSE Buddy Holly glasses from Urban Outfitters... even says Buddy Holly on the inside of them!!!!! then she took me to some awesome vintage shops and I bought some killer gear. Sweet! Douglas gave me the day off for this plan yesterday, and Today as I am in work currently they all had gifts! I got the 2 national/royal flags of Scotland, a Mackintosh inspired fancy pen, (beautiful!) a t-shirt that says "numpty- a blundering fool, intellectually challenged, etc. "and a bottle of vodka. (haha!) Then the Douglas' wife and kids just came in and brought me a chocolate cake, and cards and the boys brought the t-shirt for me! they even sang.... it was so sweet! I love those kids! they got all dressed up for me and did their hair all cool to come and see me as well. I got big hugs from them. All and all, not a bad way to spend the big 22.

Since family can't be with me today, these guys certainly made me feel like part of their family today. I miss everyone back home! Happy birthday, Grandma! Happy Birthday Tomorrow, Dad!
Hope you are having a great day up at the lake.

No comments: