krackin
letterpress

5.22.2008

In Stirling

So flight over could not have been a more time consuming experience. But when I did finally arrive, got my bags, met Douglas (the voice was very different) and got checked into the hostel.

Everyone has to slow down to talk to me... I feel like a hick part of the time. BUT everyone here wants to show me around, everyone is also way more friendly than the English. (Who snubbed me at customs I might add!) I got yesterday to wander around and take pictures, work on some of my sketches and see that tons of baselines stuff is in this town. Every alley and window and light post has a poster for one of the 3 music festivals they have been doing work for. Crazy.

The hostel is cool, like a giant tree house. It makes me feel like that cause its tall, skinny, and has tons of stairs. (ugh!) and the shower is about a foot of space... very awkward...

Today Douglas let me know (I think, still having trouble with the accent) of the future work to be done by me. lots of illustration work I believe.

Anyway, the connection at the hostel is crap, so when I update it might be a little sporatic right now. At least till I find a reliable internet cafe... or baseline gives me a key.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey i found your blog. i will actually read it too, so you better update! i bet its really hard to understand what people are saying- i had a really hard time when i saw the full monty at the movies. and that other movie....billy elliot. but maybe that was ireland...? oh well, they are both hard.
anyway- are the streets cobblestone? are they really narrow? are there castles and horses and do you go out and drink a pint at the brewhouse? tell me more!