Dreamweaver is going, going, going - but only when I have time to work on it. It's been a busy summer, and not anywhere as exciting as yours (next summer I want to go to Scotland). Oh, I figured out the concept for the Homo Foul competition. Got my poster juried in, too. Nah!
Your work looks great, and it sounds as if you are having good times, good times. I enjoyed the things you've learned in Scotland. Do they still make Haggis in the stomach of a sheep? Better check the ingredients label before eating. Bah!
Hope the dorm is working out. Heard you were without internet connection for awhile. Speaking of internet connection, mine is slow to load your blog. Because of this, I nearly have my opera finished. It's about the travails of a lowly design professor at a big orange university. I call it La VolBoheme. There is a character in it modeled on you. One day, while sitting at her desk, she tips over a sheet of plywood she is craving into a woodcut, and it hits her in the head. When she wakes up, she is in a magical land of kilts, bagpipes, old castles, and very good whiskey. She sings the arias "Somewhere Over the Heather" and "If I Only Had a Tam."
Glad to hear you are doing good. I hear my mom is chatting it up to you quite often... she is very sweet, but super happy at times and especially early in the morning it can be quite annoying. :)
the dorm is good now, I figured out all on my own how a VPN network works and now I can get online perdy good now. by the way, Haggis is made both artificially and authentically. At the festival I had the authentic haggis and it was so much better than the chip chops on the street corners where I tried it before.
Cant wait to hear the arrangement on that opera. may I suggest "nicky tams" as a setting, since that seems to be the best pub nearby and I eat lunch there frequently. Heard you were commenting on the French New Wave film Ben made. only my feet made an appearance in that film. The lead character is calculating and articulate in his approach to unwrapping presents.
Nicky Tams as a setting? Only if it has a Tartan Plaid Road (as in the song "Follow the Tartan Plaid Road").
Follow, follow, follow, follow. Follow the Tartan Plaid Road.
So your feet were in Ben's film? I hope they got scale.
What? You thought that guy at the end was the lead?
Peter Travers thought he was some homeless extra. I thought he looked suspiciously like my long lost twin brother. I haven't seen him since the Titanic sunk, and I gave him my place on the life raft.
twin or not, the span of facial expression apparent on his face gives him the right to say very little.
I read that Peter Travers gave it his highest rating. Though slightly less so then Sideways. (understandably)
I am not back in the states until Sept. 1st. I haven't even seen Nessy yet (though it is only like 30 min away from me....)
Tomorrow I am to go to the National gallery and see the Van Gough, Cezanne, and Monet exhibit they have there. they are very small I am told... I might snag one for you, what would you trade?
Do you think we can hang out when I get back? I might road trip it up there with Christian and see you if you have already left...
4 comments:
Dreamweaver is going, going, going - but only when I have time to work on it. It's been a busy summer, and not anywhere as exciting as yours (next summer I want to go to Scotland). Oh, I figured out the concept for the Homo Foul competition. Got my poster juried in, too. Nah!
Your work looks great, and it sounds as if you are having good times, good times. I enjoyed the things you've learned in Scotland. Do they still make Haggis in the stomach of a sheep? Better check the ingredients label before eating. Bah!
Hope the dorm is working out. Heard you were without internet connection for awhile. Speaking of internet connection, mine is slow to load your blog. Because of this, I nearly have my opera finished. It's about the travails of a lowly design professor at a big orange university. I call it La VolBoheme. There is a character in it modeled on you. One day, while sitting at her desk, she tips over a sheet of plywood she is craving into a woodcut, and it hits her in the head. When she wakes up, she is in a magical land of kilts, bagpipes, old castles, and very good whiskey. She sings the arias "Somewhere Over the Heather" and "If I Only Had a Tam."
Have more fun, and keep up the good work!
Glad to hear you are doing good. I hear my mom is chatting it up to you quite often... she is very sweet, but super happy at times and especially early in the morning it can be quite annoying. :)
the dorm is good now, I figured out all on my own how a VPN network works and now I can get online perdy good now. by the way, Haggis is made both artificially and authentically. At the festival I had the authentic haggis and it was so much better than the chip chops on the street corners where I tried it before.
Cant wait to hear the arrangement on that opera. may I suggest "nicky tams" as a setting, since that seems to be the best pub nearby and I eat lunch there frequently. Heard you were commenting on the French New Wave film Ben made. only my feet made an appearance in that film. The lead character is calculating and articulate in his approach to unwrapping presents.
Nicky Tams as a setting? Only if it has a Tartan Plaid Road (as in the song "Follow the Tartan Plaid Road").
Follow, follow, follow, follow.
Follow the Tartan Plaid Road.
So your feet were in Ben's film? I hope they got scale.
What? You thought that guy at the end was the lead?
Peter Travers thought he was some homeless extra. I thought he looked suspiciously like my long lost twin brother. I haven't seen him since the Titanic sunk, and I gave him my place on the life raft.
Oh, and welcome back to the states.
twin or not, the span of facial expression apparent on his face gives him the right to say very little.
I read that Peter Travers gave it his highest rating. Though slightly less so then Sideways. (understandably)
I am not back in the states until Sept. 1st. I haven't even seen Nessy yet (though it is only like 30 min away from me....)
Tomorrow I am to go to the National gallery and see the Van Gough, Cezanne, and Monet exhibit they have there. they are very small I am told... I might snag one for you, what would you trade?
Do you think we can hang out when I get back? I might road trip it up there with Christian and see you if you have already left...
Post a Comment